Nourriture de Noël / Christmas Food!

27 Dec

Voici quelques photos de la nourriture de Noël de cette année à Annecy!
Here are some photos of Christmas food from this year in Annecy!

seafood hors-d'œuvre

escargots

foie gras sur pain d'épices

bouchée à la reine

cardon et cerf / cardoon and deer

pintade / guinea fowl

to go with the roasted bird...

gâteau au chocolat

bûche de noël et le gâteau au chocolat

Voilà, des photos. Surement il y a été beaucoup plus de nourriture que vous voyez ici! Qu’est-ce que vous avez mangé pendant Noël et/ou Chanukah?

There you go, some photos. There was certainly a lot more food than what you see here! What did you eat during Christmas and/or Chanukah?

About these ads

7 Responses to “Nourriture de Noël / Christmas Food!”

1. Ella Coquine December 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

Everything looks delish…(especially the escargots in their little muffits/tuffits!) if you say that you cooked everything I will officially be jealous…!!!

• grenobloise December 29, 2011 at 8:50 am #

Salut my top commenter! :-) Yes the escargots were so good- first time I’ve ever had them! Everyone I’ve talked to (en français!) in Grenoble from Haute-Savoie always went on about the escargot Christmas tradition (I think it’s especially popular in the region… like nuts, haha) but I didn’t have it last year so I assumed my bf’s family just didn’t make it; but this time we had them 2 days in a row; what a treat! I didn’t expect them in those muffin tuffits haha, ‘was good to have them both ways.

Nope, didn’t cook ANYTHING. I ‘cooked’ eggnog this year, that’s about it. :P

2. gojulesgo December 28, 2011 at 11:37 pm #

Oh my, gorgeous! We had all kinds of vodka, I mean, delicious food here in New Jersey ;) Actually, now that I think about it, it’s kind of funny what we had on Christmas Eve: Chinese food, lasagna, kielbasa, potato pie and more. Not to mention lots and lots of cookies!

• grenobloise December 29, 2011 at 8:53 am #

I like both American and French Christmas food! True that there’s less ‘sweet’ food here and more champagne, white and red wine , and that in the US much more gravy, potatoes/yams, ham/turkey, lasagna (and my mom’s stuffed mushrooms of course!) … and yes, cookies! Kielbasa, hello! haha, you can just ship one over to me, thanks much! ;D

3. Emily {Rue de France} December 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Salut Grenobloise !

Lovely photos, lovely food! As for Annecy? It’s lovely too, non? {Next time you’re going to be in town, you’ll have to let me know so we can meet up for lunch. I can’t promise you any escargots… but I do know a few yummy restaurants in the vielle ville…}

I was chez ma belle-famille near Lyon this Christmas. We ate lots of traditional festive Frenchie food {smoked salmon, foie gras, chapon…} but we also had my home-made cinnamon buns for breakfast on the 25th. That’s a tradition that we’ve had in my family {in Canada} for years & years now. The recipe comes from UBC {University of British Columbia, in Vancouver} & now it’s getting established as a little tradition in a tiny village dans le Beaujolais!

• grenobloise December 29, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Coucou Emily!

Thanks and thanks! Yes I love Annecy – that’s where my chéri was born so it has an extra special place in my heart. I ate in the city once- had a delectable mushroom tartiflette (http://grenobloise.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/annecy-la-venise-des-alpes-haute-savoie/) – ‘was absolute heaven and would love to meet up for lunch there sometime. Too bad I live a bit of a commute away.

I love hearing about your Christmas in France and the Canadian tradition being shared across the pond. How sweet! I love cinnamon buns. Thanks for stopping by.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Happy Holidays! « grenobloise - December 26, 2012

[...] de Noël à venir. Si vous voulez, voici des photos de la nourriture du Noël passé [...]