Guacamole Recipe

28 Jan

Aujourd’hui j’ai fait du guacamole pour accompagner mon repas de fajitas. C’est vaut la peine faire votre propre guacamole parce que ce qu’on trouve au supermarché est pleine des conservateurs, haut en calories et il goût pas si bien. C’est très facile faire si on a un robo. La autre bloguese nouvelle-grenobloise et amie personelle Crystal, qui a aussi une recette de guacamole, m’a inspiré de partager la mienne ici.

Today I made guacamole for tonight’s fajita dinner. It’s worth it to make your own guacamole because what you find in the supermarket is full of preservatives, high in calories and doesn’t taste as good. It’s very easy to make if you have a food processor. Fellow Grenoble-dwelling blogger and personal friend Crystal, who also has a guacamole recipe, inspired me to share my version here.

Ingredients:

• 3 avocados/avocats
  • 1 yellow onion/oignon jaune
  • 1 or half of a keylime (or lemon)/1 ou demi d’un citron vert (ou citron)
  • cilantro/coriandre
  • serrano chile (optional/optionel).
  • 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves/1 ou 2 gousses d’ail écrasées
  • cumin
  • salt/sel
  • diced tomatoes (optional)/tomates coupées en cube (optionnel)

Directions:

Insert avocados, onion and chili into your food processor. I used the entire chili because I like it hot (you may want to add it in little by little). / Mettez les avocats, l'oignon et le chili vert dans le robo (Attn. le chili est épicé).

Mix it / Mélangez

Add the lime juice, cilantro, crushed garlic, cumin and salt. Mix it./ Ajoutéz le jus de citron, coriandre, gousses d'ail écrasées, cumin et sel. Mélangez.

Et voilà !

~

Servez-le avec des chips, avec des fajitas or servez-le avec n’importe quoi! Pour un guacamole plus épicé mettez du poivre de Cayenne. Je recommande aussi d’ajouter des tomates coupées en cube, surtout pendant l’été (ajoutez à la fin, quand le guacamole et déjà prêt. Ne laissez jamais les tomates dans le guacamole quand c’est dans le frigo). Si vous mettez le guacamole dans le frigo, ajoutez les pepins d’avocats; les-enlevez avant de servir.

Serve with tortilla chips, with fajitas or serve it with anything really! For extra heat you can add cayenne pepper. I also recommend adding diced tomatoes, especially in the summertime (add them in at the end when the guacamole’s already made. Never put the guacamole in the fridge with tomatoes in it). If you store the guacamole in the fridge, put the avocado seeds in it; take them out before serving.

¡Buen Provecho!

7 Responses to “Guacamole Recipe”

1. Crystal January 28, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

Yum! Looks delicious! I know Max likes things with a little “kick” to them, so I might give this recipe a try next time.

Could you maybe post up (or just email me if you prefer) your pierogi recipe one day?

See you soon copine! xx

• grenobloise January 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Thanks Crystal! Even with the entire chili in it it’s not that spicy, but has kick. I don’t know what the origin is of the ones in the Grenoble markets but they’re not as hot as the small Serrano ones I used to buy in the US. FYI: the chili will be less powerful if you remove the insides.

I will email you the pierogi recipe right now!

2. PigletinFrance January 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

I’ve never put coriander in guacamole put it’s one of my face herbs so I will try although its not easy to find around here :-(

• grenobloise January 30, 2012 at 8:32 am #

Coriander is at French markets, especially the larger ones, and sometimes I have to ask for it b/c it’s kept in a box by the register. I get it in the outdoor market next to Les Halles Sainte-Claire. Also, any store specializing in produce should have it. I don’t know if you have North African deli’s by you, but I’ve found it there too, but not so fresh. I love coriander too! Once I actively started looking for it I found it in a few places. But, I live in a city center so perhaps it’s easier for me.

3. gojulesgo January 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

Yum!! Guacamole is one of my favorite things, and you’re right, the stuff at the store is creepy. Sometimes I’ll just mash a ripe avocado with a fork and add a little sea salt and chopped red onion and then refrigerate it for a bit with Saran Wrap over top. I also like fresh jalepeno!

4. Ella Coquine January 30, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

Cilantro is coriander in French! Thanks!! I was searching for the word the other day and forgot to wordref it today!

The guac looks amazing. All of these food posts that are in the blogosphere right now are making me hungry!! Must eat. Tout de suite.

• grenobloise January 31, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Hey Ella! Yes that was one of the first things I learned here because I LOVE it. Glad I could be of help.

Thanks! It came out good, except a bit hot (used the whole chili). Was perfect in the shrimp fajitas I made, with sour cream to balance out the spice.

I have so many food pics I’ve wanted to add but haven’t gotten to it.. I am often thinking “Hmm, maybe that’s too many food posts”. I try to balance a bit.

I still read your blog religiously; comments don’t work.